This recipe is an awesome brunch plate companion to my gluten-free pancakes - OR - it works deliciously in a breakfast wrap, on toast, or with a side of home-fries and some veggie bacon! Even before I went 100% vegan, I hated the taste of eggs, so we always did tofu scramble in my house. I love working in whatever veggies I have on hand to this recipe. The dill and the bouillon are the secret stars to this dish - and my NONA Vegan sauce adds the Cheesiness.
Recipe video here + written out below!
- 1 block of tofu (I used medium-firm here)
- 1 tsp soy sauce (or liquid aminos)
- 1 medium onion
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- coconut oil
- 1/2 bouillon cube (or 1/2 tsp liquid bouillon, or 1/4 c. veggie broth)
- 1 red pepper (and/or whatever veggies you've got!)
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- cayenne pepper
- 1 bunch of dill
- 1/2 pouch of NONA Vegan Cheesy-Style sauce
- salt + pepper to taste
1. Drain & crumble 1 block of tofu into bowl. Add 1 tsp soy-sauce (or coconut aminos) and mix in.
2. Dice an onion, and cut 3-4 garlic cloves into thin slivers. Fry aromatics over medium-high heat in 1 tbsp coconut oil.
3. Thinly slice a red pepper - And/or prep whatever other veggies you'd like to add in here.
4. Once onions and garlic are softened (about 5 minutes), add 1/4 tsp turmeric, and a sprinkle of cayenne pepper and stir.
5. Add peppers to pan and return to the heat to soften for a few minutes.
6. Add tofu to pan along with 1/2 bouillon cube (or 1/2 tsp of liquid bouillon, or 1/4 cup veggie broth) and 1/4 cup of water.
7. Return to heat with a lid to let all the flavours cook in for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
8. Prepare a bunch of dill - remove fronds from stems and chop.
9. Add dill to pan, remove lid and allow the steam to escape for another few minutes.
10. Add 1/2 pack of NONA Cheesy sauce (retailer list here!) - or a couple tablespoons of nutritional yeast if you can’t get your paws on any NONA.
11. Stir in over the stove - add some pepper and salt as needed -- top with microgreens or fresh tomatoes — annnd Serve!! Enjoy!
Lots of love to you and your bellies!